So is this a new fad or something:
Normal (by today's standards) country song with a little pop flair -> turned into a totally pop song infused with rap (if you can still call Nelly a rapper these days...)
Whaaa.....? Huh? When did this become a thing. I totally blame Taylor Swift (I blame her for all the evil in the world, just FYI)
I mean, I'm all about crossing boundary lines and blurring the existing lines and just enjoying music (and life in general) but this is just kind of strange. Good strange? Bad strange? Remains yet to be seen.
I guess I'm just still annoyed that I can turn on a pop-music station or a country-music station and find Taylor Swift playing both places. Pick a side, woman! No, really, you don't have to like either/or - but I'm over her in general and usually like my rock music to sound like rock music and my country to sound like country and so on and so forth.
And don't even get me started on that insane Darius Rucker cover of "Wagon Wheel" - shame on you! OCMS had the perfect version, totally appropriate for radio play, you don't need to redo it ARGCHFAFH insert multiple exclamation points!
And and YES, I still listen to live radio. On a station. Not Sirius or I-Heart-Radio or what have you.
And and and, I'm turning into an old person (and my father) because I like listening to JohnBoy & Billy in the morning. G-D HELP ME.
bleck = darius rucker's silly remake
ReplyDelete