Apr 8, 2014

#AmericanBlogger

I am way low on the totem pole of blogging, specifically mommy-blogging, but even I try to keep abreast of the current trends and tricks in our national (and global) blogging community. 

So when I came across this little gem -- American Blogger (click link for trailer) -- I was left scratching my head. 

Really? That's the film to portray blogging in America?! HA!

This film is drivel. It's narcissistic. It's one group of friends huddled together congratulating themselves on being the "popular" kids. Pathetic. 

There are so many amazing blogs out there from so many diverse voices, this film is a total slap in the face to the community of American blogging. I myself am one of thousands; a white heterosexual married mother of four -- I blog about my kids and our personal lives and not much more. Which is fine! But my voice is one of millions, and as much as I love my life, most of the time I'm interested in hearing voices that are different than mine. That's the beauty of our age of connection, the whole point to all of it -- why this filmmaker from Texas decided he'd ride around in his air-stream trailer filming the same type of blogger over and over again is beyond me. 

I, for one, won't be watching this film -- and if you yourself are not a blogger or don't know much about the blogging community yet, please don't believe this as an accurate representation. 

There is more, so much more, to blogging than this crap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!