Apr 23, 2014

Currently


Loving: How wonderful our Easter weekend was! Justin and I both had a full three-day-weekend, and we made a little pact Thursday night to do our best to enjoy *every* minute of it. Something always tends to go wrong or pop up in the middle of a good weekend to put a damper on things, but we were determined this weekend! We had a wonderful time with family and food, and I can't wait to spend more warm weekends together. 

Reading: So FINALLY after nearly 2 years, I finished the last book in the 50 Shades trilogy. Seriously, I started the first book on vacation in 2012 - it's not like those books are difficult to read. And it's not like I really even enjoyed reading them (after about the third "naughty" scene it just gets kind of redundant, plus there's better BDSM reads online, for free no less) but I was determined to finish what I had started. And at least now that ordeal is over with! 

I read a snippet of Asylum/Madeleine Roux on my Kindle the other night, and it was really good right up front - I need to download the full version and get on it! 

Watching: Now that our Sunday nights are void of The Walking Dead, Justin and I have taken to watching Bar Rescue - not even sure how that happened, but we watched a marathon on Spike one day, and that was it! We're hooked - seriously though, I think I love Jon Taffer! 

I meant to record/watch Salem last night which (witch?) premiered on WGN, but completely forgot! Hopefully I can start that series, too, if it's any count - I love me some Salem witch-trial stories! 

Eating: Breakfast hash! I made it twice this weekend, and both times, it was just the best thing ever

Crisp bacon in cast iron skillet > set aside to drain > fry cubed and peeled potatoes in bacon grease > set aside to drain > strain (most) the grease > add a little butter to bottom of the the skillet to scrape up the yummy bits > add potatoes and bacon back in along with anything else you want > we add onions and tomatoes > top with cheese and chives or whatever you like (Justin uses ketchup, I put a little sour cream on mine) 

This recipe is the easiest thing ever, I feel bad even calling it a recipe! And it's so versatile, you just make it how you want it, adding in whatever you like best! I will say, though, it's not in the least bit diet friendly - but that's how we like it at our house! 

Anticipating: Summer! The weather has been phenomenal lately (only a few bouts of rain or cold here and there) and it's got me totally jonesing for the lake and watermelon and flip flops and ice cream and long nights and all those wonderful summer things in life! I can't wait for field trips with Sidney and Rhealen's second birthday party and the 4th of July and taking the boys swimming and maybe even some fishing with my husband! 

Listening to: The Frozen soundtrack - that movie has kind of taken over our lives. For better or worse! 

Working on: Our *big* vacation plans - we're taking the kiddos to Disney this fall (along with Gran & Pops - or is it, they're taking us?) and we're all very excited! Every time Sid sees a commercial or advertisement for Disney, she screams "IS IT TIME FOR DISNEY YET?!" *SO* excited! 

Wishing: We had a money tree - I know "they" say money doesn't solve all your problems, but I can think of about 99 problems it'd pay for. Pffft

Currently series inspired by Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!