Apr 7, 2014

Mini-Me


I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing people say, "Sidney is your mini-me!" >> poor gal, she may be tired of it, but I certainly am not! I am proud to have one that looks like me. Having Rhealen was such a shocker; after having a little dark-haired, peaches and cream complexion, deep-blue eyed baby, little Rhealen was a total contrast! And then came Jaxon with the same pale skin and blonde hair and bright blue eyes, and we thought huh?! Maybe Sidney is the exception and not the rule!

Genetics are funny like that. 

It's still a little too early to tell about Mr. Toby, but I have a feeling he's going to be another tow headed, sparkly blue eyed boy!

Sidney has Justin's mop of curly hair with my thickness. She has his blue-green eyes with the definition, shape and setback of mine. She's such an interesting mix of me and him, and it's so funny how she's turned out to be the most "unique" of our genetic combinations (I hope this doesn't come across weirdly; I love all of my children equally and think they're all beautiful in their own ways, which of course includes their looks, but also their dynamite different personalities!

So, all of that to say....I love my "little Mary Ruth", and even if the other three don't look a thing like me, at least I've always got my first-born! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!