What's so wrong about admitting our flaws? I'm usually the first in line to admit that I suck at most things. I can't sing. My meal planning falls by the wayside weekly, and I end up just throwing things in a skillet and making it work Chopped style. I bite my nails. I don't exercise. I make a hundred and one typos during the day.
I CAN'T MATH.
Seriously, though, our flaws and imperfections make us human -- if we can't laugh at ourselves from time to time, then what's the freaking point? I'm humbled by myself daily. I try and fail and, sometimes literally, fall down trying to make from point A to point B.
But I keep a sense of humor about things; or at least, I try really hard to. It would be really easy to get overwhelmed at times. Having a large family will do that to you every time; but I don't let things get too serious. I roll with the punches and find humor in the everyday chaos.
Look for the light. Even when I have days like the previous post I still try to let it roll off my back. I try to laugh. Laughter is our greatest medicine. It may not cure but it helps to heal. It binds and ties and pulls us together.
And if we're all together, and altogether laughing, what more is there?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!