Apr 30, 2014

Toby - Month 4

The weird thing about Toby being born on Dec. 31st? I keep forgetting to write his monthly update posts when there's no 31st of the month -- at least, that's the reason I'm telling myself for my forgetfulness. It has nothing to do with being insanely busy chasing four kids around. Nooooo...


This little ham-bone is quite the delightful being; he's got such a sweet personality -- all smiles and giggles and coos. I swear, there's never been a better baby! Or maybe I'm just so scarred after surviving (and continuing to survive) his big brother, Toby just feels like a dream-boat in comparison :)


Toby gets a special time of night for cuddling and one-on-one time. He *usually* sleeps the busy part of the evenings away and wakes up during that sweet spot where the other kids are already in bed, but Justin and I are still awake. He gets lots of cuddles and kisses and we spend a good 40 minutes just talking with him. He totally talks back! No, seriously, at this rate he'll be speaking before Jaxon does. The boy loves to make noises and gibber away. 


He had his first taste of baby-oatmeal, which was met with a resounding "meh" -- duh! It's oatmeal. Who wouldn't feel "meh" about it? 

Toby is his brother's favorite toy, so much that Jaxon has a new obsession with wanting to hold Toby -- consisting of Jaxon sitting in the floor with Toby cradled between his legs. Jaxon pets his head and gives him sweet little kisses. Being the good boy that he is, Toby puts up with it for a good five minutes, and then he's done. 

The girls are in this weird state at the moment where they could really care less about Toby -- the only time they even acknowledge him is during one of their power struggles over who gets to play with what toy, Toby being the "toy" of the moment. Other than that, they hardly know he's even on the place....it's odd. But I know when he gets more vocal, more mobile all of that will change!


This little dude really is the best of the best, I just couldn't imagine life without him - and I'm so glad he's as mellow as he is. I can't imagine having another big, demanding personality like Jaxon. Or Rhealen. Or Justin. 

I'm just happy with Toby being sweet little Toby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!