How was your Christmas? Ours was lovely, largely in part thanks to the fact that we got our power back Wednesday night!!! That made life all the merrier for us; no one was exactly thrilled about having to open presents in the dark by candle/lantern light! SidMo raked in a huge amount of mostly Dora presents: books, pajamas, table/chair set, coats, shoes, make-up, games, movies, etc. We're pretty much stocked up on the whole Dora thing now.
I've got a ton of Christmas photos to relive with you, but I don't have all of them off the camera yet, so for now I'll just show you the pictures from the Titans v. Dolphins game the husband and I attended Sunday before last. If you follow(ed) the game, the Titans came out on top after going into overtime 27-24. Justin and I left about half-way into the 4th quarter - he loathes heavy traffic and was willing to skip out on a little of the game (especially since at that time, Dolphins were trailing and it didn't look good) to avoid the long lines and get home to our family. During the car ride home, when it went into overtime, the conversation went like this:
"I CAN'T BELIEVE WE LEFT EARLY!!!!!"
"I told you we should've stayed...."
"BUT I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE WE ACTUALLY LEFT. THEY'RE GOING TO COME BACK AND WIN AND WE'RE NOT THERE!!!!!"
"Well, Justin..............."
"DON'T SAY YOU TOLD ME SO!!!!!!!"
"Okay, I won't tell you 'I told you so' but I did tell you something along those lines."
GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, WHINE, WHINE
*TITANS INTERCEPTION*
"Oh my gosh, the Titans are going to win it!""I'M SO GLAD WE LEFT EARLY!!! I WOULD'VE BEEN SO DAMN MAD!!!!"
We had a great time; it was the experience of a lifetime, one that I was happy to share with Justin for his first time (and me, my second). Hopefully, my grand-parents will keep their season tickets and we can sweet-talk them into letting us go again next year! (Hi, Mamaw Ruth!) Here are some pictures from the big day.
We got there extra early - no one was there!
Justin's 1st time in an NFL stadium - he's giving me that 'no pictures, Mom' look but I wanted to document the moment!
Not our section, nor our seats - just a nice view of the teams warming up
Justin told me to 'get pictures of the Dolphins guys warming up' - and so I did sort of
Pre-game (Final Score 27-24)
He got a cheeseburger, fries and a Coke. I got a turkey leg and a Sprite. The grand total? Twenty-freaking-eight dollars!
But oh man, is that turkey leg gooooooooood!
I'm smiling here, but on the inside I'm ready to kill my husband. We had elevator passes but we got confused and instead of asking for help, he demanded we just take the ramps. UGGGGH. I hate being cold and hot at the same time!
We made it to our seats three flights up! There really are no bad seats at this stadium - even being that high up you see everything!
And look, we had a great view of my favorite building in Nashville!
I got a little snap-happy with the jumbo-tron. But the colors are just amazing!
Cold but happy - counting down the minutes to kick-off!
Big huddle before running back inside the stadium...
Big huddled mass coming back out of the stadium...
And for Justin, I got a shot of Jason Taylor in the big-screen during the coin toss!
I took a ton of pictures during the game as well, but I won't bore you with those shots. They're mostly for Justin to drool over and pass around for bragging rights. Although whenever he gets to bragging, I'm all too quick to remind him that the Dolphins lost that game....to my Titans....in overtime...by a fieldgoal.
Ahh, victory. She is sweet.

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!