Dec 30, 2009

honorable mention

I've had all of Jay's self-doubting I can take! Seriously, the gal looks like this:

(sorry I stole your twitter pic, Jay!)

She's smart and funny and a fantastic blogger - she's witty and charming and about a million other adjectives that would look perfect on some random online-dating site. She's got "it" and she's going to go places in life...even if it's just down to the supermarket to buy groceries. She's making an impact on people out there, me included. I've been following  her blog for what feels like forever now; she's my across-the-pond friend, and if I ever get back to London she's taking me out for a night on the town (that's a request not a demand, Jay!).

And lately she's feeling down and out about her body (especially after reading crap like this) so I'm here to say 'NO MORE' to her! Jay, it's time you stepped up and loved yourself! If you gave yourself just 1/100th of the love you give those amazingly beautiful boys of yours, then you'd never have a body issue to begin with. Woman to woman, mother to mother, I say embrace yourself, dear. You've already proven to me how empowering it is to be a mom in these modern times; like I said, you inspire more lives than you realize. So love yourself. Love love love love love love love love love yourself - even when you don't want to. Even when it physically hurts to smile at yourself in the mirror. Even when you don't want to and you just don't feel like it and you think to yourself, 'today I'll have an ugly day'. NO YOU WON'T. You will be lovely and love thyself and all that jazz, you hear me? Because I want you to keep empowering people like me; I don't want you to let this get you down. You're too strong a woman to let that happen. You're too beautiful to let that happen to you - so hug the mirror. Embrace the woman, the mother staring back at you. And love that lady.

2 comments:

  1. Omg. You are wonderful. And lovely. And sweet. And gorgeous. And amazing. And did I say wonderful? I did? Well you're STILL wonderful, but even MORE so because I said it again.

    THANK YOU. And who knows. One day? I might just get over this crazy shit.

    And also? Taking you out for a night on the town? SHOULD BE A DEMAND. Goes without saying, babe. ;o)

    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, let me say: What an awesome friend you are. :)

    Secondly, I just want to agree with everything you've said. :) It took me 35 years to get here, but let me just say that the key to true happiness in life is loving yourself. If you can do that, if you can be your own best friend, advocate, and cheering section, then everything else just seems to go your way. I promise. :)

    *hugs* to you both!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!