May 26, 2011

preparing for no sleep by getting less sleep

For the most part, I've done really well at battling pregnancy fatigue. Even with work and school on the weekends and life in general being crazy as always, I haven't felt too run down or drained, so I've been counting my lucky stars for that.

But today? Today I am dragging - and it's funny, because it's a reminder of how I'm going to feel most days in a few short weeks. Sidney's sleep schedule got so messed up yesterday, she was wide awake from about 1-4 this morning! I am dragging so bad today, it's making me feel a little nervous about pulling those all-nighters or "most of the nighters" with Rhealen soon.

Speaking of the little Nugget, I had my 36 week check up yesterday. My doctor wanted to go ahead and pick out a date for induction, but I opted against it. Like I've said a hundred times (even to the nurses and my doctor) I really want to try and do this whole "going into labor" thing naturally. You know, on my own. By myself. Without medical intervention.

But apparently, there's this thing nowadays about babies being bigger than 8 lbs and how it's a bad thing. So, they're going to do an ultrasound next Friday to "guesstimate" her weight. If it looks like she's still under that 8 lb mark, they'll let me progress further no problem. If she's already close to 8 lbs, he wants to schedule an induction date. THIS STUFF MAKES ME CRAZY.

So yeah. I'm tired. And confused.
I am so sleepy. I could die.
But mostly just really freaking tired.

1 comment:

  1. Weird. My mom gave birth to all three of us sans induction (and vaginally with no tearing, amazingly). I was ten days late weighing 8lbs. 14oz. And I was the SMALL baby. My middle brother was about 9 1/2 lbs. and the youngest was closer to 10, I believe. She did get epidurals though. She was in labor with me for like 36 hours.

    If I ever get knocked up, I'm finding myself a midwife who'll let me give birth in my bathtub. Or living room floor. I ain't spending no 36 hours in a hospital if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!