May 27, 2011

push presents, baby

I am not the kind of woman that demands or expects the whole idea of a "push present", although I think it is a sweet sentiment in an odd little way. I don't feel like I need to get lavish gifts (or any gifts, for that matter) for having this sweet baby. She is the gift, the best thing about this entire journey - I can't imagine trying to eclipse her with some monetary thing.

Still, if her dear old Dad (or anyone else who loves me) wanted to splurge on some push presents, I wouldn't totally object. The spoiled, selfish side of me has no trouble saying "heck yes I deserve something!", though honestly I think it's probably more along the lines of a medal than a pair of cute shoes. But I digress. Here are some items I wouldn't scoff at if they turned up somewhere post-pushing.


1 - 2 - 3 - 4

 1 - I love Toms, and I really want my own pair. I found a pair of similar-looking Old Navy crochet shoes at a second hand store last summer, and I've worn them out! Momma needs a new pair...
2 - I love hand-stamped jewelry (specifically Lisa Leonard designs), but I'd be happy with any cute piece showcasing my sweet babes.
3 - Rhealen is totally screwing up my summer lake plans, but I still intend to find some time to park my behind on a boat on the lake (maybe even swim?!?!). I definitely need a new swimsuit - I've been wearing the same one now for close to five years. Wow, I feel embarassed to even admit that.
4 - I'm still pining over this Proenza Schouler wallet, same as I have been for over a year now. It's just so damned pretty!


If you love me, you can send me any (or all) of the goodies above. I promise to love you back - and maybe even name the next baby after you!

(Just kidding, honey, I know we're not having any more babies! Or are we?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!