Mar 2, 2012

my to-do list

I have little things piling up, racking my brain, and taking up space. Things I need to do soon or else there'll be no more room to think clearly or speak straight.

See?!

I must tackle my little inner to-do monologue soon or I'll be making no sense!

LEARN how to embroider - specifically hand embroider. I am not the craftiest crafty person ever born, but I do have a little bit of design, style and passion in me. Now I need to make it happen and teach myself! I've been devouring YouTube videos left and right, jotting down notes and getting myself ready to dive in with at least some bankable knowledge.

I also want to learn how to make THESE because that's just how twisted and silly I am sometimes.

COOK a signature dish. A lot of people in my family are known for a **signature** dish (typically a dessert) and I want to have my own trademark food! My mom is known for pineapple pies and chili. My Mamaw is known for her butterscotch pies and amazing breakfasts!

I want my own "known for" food - which right know only consists of the super-easy, mass-produced dip recipe that includes cheese, hamburger, sausage and rotel tomatoes! Anyone and everyone can make that! I want something fancier and more unique!

READ the entire Vampire Chronicles series by Anne Rice. I have the Kindle. I have (some) time. I need to do it! There's no excuse why I can't; I'm the only thing getting in my way. I also need to finish reading The Stand, if only for my father's sake. I've started it several times but can never get further than 200 pages. I need to just suck it up and read the damned thing already.

CLEAN my house. Oh. dear. god. The laundry that is piled up in our bedroom is insane. I do manage to stay on top of the dishes, only because A) they start to stink after a while and B) that's the one thing Justin will nag me about but never actually do himself. The girls' room looks like a tornado went off in there and the rest of the house is just sort of "straightened up" - there isn't one inch of my house right now that I can officially call clean. I'm not the nit-picky type that obsesses over a clean house, but it's starting to drive me a little crazy! And I know that means it's bad!

SLEEP a little better. I'm in the midst of trying to "sleep train" Rhealen and it's totally screwing up my sleep cycle. Now that she's fast approaching the nine-month mark, I know I need to get her on a good schedule and teach her how to fall asleep by herself. I probably should've started earlier on, but everything I read says babies aren't emotionally or physically developed until 4-6 months to sleep train; and I figure since she's a little on the small side I'd cut her some slack (that's just the mama instincts in me coming out, she's perfectly developed for her age even if she is small)!

It goes against all of my other motherly instincts to let her "cry it out" sometimes, but I know this is for the best. For both of us. When she sleeps, she's a happier camper. When I sleep, I'm a much happier camper. I'm the happiest damned camper you ever did see!

SPEND a little more time with my girlfriends from high-school. Spend a little less money on stupid things. Spend a little more time kissing my husband. Spend a lot more time kissing my sweet girls. Spend a little more time on the phone with my dad and grand-parents when they call. Spend some quality time with my mom, just the two of us. Spend more time being happy.



It's a simple little to-do list, one I need to get started on right now! What are your to-do lists looking like these days?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!