Aug 29, 2012

A Wee Update on the Wee One

I haven't really talked much about this latest babe, only because there really isn't much to talk about at this point. I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow, so we should be finding out the little one's gender in the next couple weeks. Justin and I are both putting our money down for a girl, but everyone else seems to think boy. I've gotten so used to having girls, I can't imagine not having another one, but of course, we'll be tickled pink/blue either way!

So far this pregnancy is pretty easy. I have random bouts of sickness, but fortunately they are far and few in between. Weeks ago, I had an episode of hanging out the side of my car puking in the rain while Rhealen screamed from the back-seat. Not a fun moment, but again, I'm grateful they're few and far between. I haven't had the aching back I had the entire time I carried RJ and SidMo, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I can already feel the relaxin working in my body loosening everything up downstairs; sometimes I feel like my hips are completely separating altogether, but I know I'll be grateful for the stretch come D-day.

One new pregnancy symptom I'm loving that I never really had with the girls is a luscious head of hair! My hair has always grown at snail-speed, but it seems to grow overnight like a Chia pet and is full and shiny and glorious. It's too bad I don't do much with my hair, but honestly, I don't have to much. Wash it and go, and I feel like whipping what little hair I have back and forth all day.

Overall, it's been a pretty breezy pregnancy so far. My decreased appetite is slowly but surely coming back (as is the norm when you approach 20 weeks), and of course, other decreased appetites are making their way back, which is welcomed by both people in this marriage of mine. I'm feeling little flutters and kicks more and more every day, and I dream nightly of this baby one way or another(in my dreams, I admit it's a boy but my heart tells me it's a girl! PS Remind me to tell you of the INSANE dream I had regarding RJ a few nights ago!)

I can't wait to share our mid-way ultrasound with you - just a couple more weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!