Even though I know these days are numbered (and passing so quickly!) I'm really enjoying being a "mother of two" right now.
These girls of ours are so much fun, so different and yet so compatible. It's amazing to see the sisterly bond form and grow over time, to see how far they've come and imagine how far they'll go yet. Having two is definitely an adventure (I can't even begin to imagine what three will be like!), and there are times when I feel a little guilty for throwing off the balance of our family just as we seem to settle into it.
These two really do love each other; they already have their own secrets and inside jokes. Every time I hear a giggle fit break out between them, I can't help but smile ear to ear. They've got their own language, their own everything separate from me, which is comforting to my heart. Even without me, they'll always have one another.
That's not to say it isn't ear-piercing loud and hard as hell sometimes. As much as they've figured out the whole "sisterly bonding" thing, they've also managed to learn each other's hot buttons and can fight like no one's business. We have our fair share of tears and jealousy and fights. But at the end of the day, I know they are happy to see one another, happy to be the big sister/little sister team they are.
I've thought a lot about my hopes for the gender of this next (and last!) baby, and while I know it'd be nice to have a son for many different reasons, I can't imagine not having girls all around me. There's just something so magical about sisters, I don't think either one of my girls would mind if we introduced another little "Sissy" into our group!
These girls of ours are so much fun, so different and yet so compatible. It's amazing to see the sisterly bond form and grow over time, to see how far they've come and imagine how far they'll go yet. Having two is definitely an adventure (I can't even begin to imagine what three will be like!), and there are times when I feel a little guilty for throwing off the balance of our family just as we seem to settle into it.
These two really do love each other; they already have their own secrets and inside jokes. Every time I hear a giggle fit break out between them, I can't help but smile ear to ear. They've got their own language, their own everything separate from me, which is comforting to my heart. Even without me, they'll always have one another.
That's not to say it isn't ear-piercing loud and hard as hell sometimes. As much as they've figured out the whole "sisterly bonding" thing, they've also managed to learn each other's hot buttons and can fight like no one's business. We have our fair share of tears and jealousy and fights. But at the end of the day, I know they are happy to see one another, happy to be the big sister/little sister team they are.
I've thought a lot about my hopes for the gender of this next (and last!) baby, and while I know it'd be nice to have a son for many different reasons, I can't imagine not having girls all around me. There's just something so magical about sisters, I don't think either one of my girls would mind if we introduced another little "Sissy" into our group!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!