Dec 22, 2009

not the best Christmas week ever

I don't want to delve into the subject too deeply because I don't want to sound like I'm whining. I'm a lucky lady, I know that. I have many blessings and I count them daily.

But still yet...Justin got laid off Thursday. We've been expecting it for awhile, but now that it's here the reality of it is surreal. We'll make it through. We might be spread thin and Christmas might not be all we were hoping it'd be for SidMo, but she'll understand. We have each other and that's all that really matters. In the end, that's all that will ever matter.

We're also part of the local community dealing with the rolling power outtage. It's been off since Friday; luckily we were in Columbia until yesterday. Not so lucky for us is the thought that the power might not be turned on until AFTER Christmas. Maybe if we open presents in the dark, SidMo won't notice Santa was kind of puny this year. Maybe not.

No matter though, we're perservering. We will have a wonderful Christmas, celebrating our family and our friendships. SidMo will love the gifts she gets and the time she'll spend with everyone. Even at 2-years-old I think she knows part of the reason for the season (even though she was understanding and excited about Santa and "presnits" this year). I am hopeful for the future. I know Justin will find a way to provide for us through everything. We will overcome this bump in the road the same way we overcome everything in our life: together as one, bound to each other by love, hopeful for tomorrow and all the promises a new day can bring.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you during the Christmas season and know how stressful it is for you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Mary Ruth. :( What an awful time to be laid off. The same thing happened to my dad last year.

    But like you said, you'll have your family and you're all safe and together.

    I'm hoping the estimated dates for the electricity are "worst case scenario" dates. Ya know what I mean? I know a lot of people have gotte power back already that weren't supposed to get it until Christmas.

    If you guys need anything, let us know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!