Dec 14, 2009

someone please talk some reason into me

I posted this wallet on my other blog, None So Pretty as You:

And I can't stop thinking about it!!! It's way too expensive ($165) but I just cannot get it out of my head. That blue is the most electrifying blue I think I've ever seen. Proenza Schouler sure knew what they were doing when they made this little lady - I'm in love with a wallet, dear god help me.

And the crazy thing is, I really want it - I'm pining for a wallet. I've never done this before. I've never seen a fashion-y item like a purse or a coat or a pair of shoes and just instantly knew 'I have to have it'! What's even crazier is the fact that this wallet is Out of Stock on the website, so I sit and think of other ways to find and buy it. Read my lips: I CANNOT AFFORD THIS WALLET.

Normally, I would never justify spending so much on something so little. But I just can't get this thing out of my head. I want it. I want you so bad, it's driving me mad.  Someone please say something to reason with my brain - help me get this damned luxe leather wallet out of my head. Or else my bank account, my marriage and my Christmas might suffer.

Oh, jeez.

2 comments:

  1. Usually when I find myself unreasonably pining for a material object, it's because I've attached some kind of meaning to it (that usually doesn't belong there). It's a wallet - how is having (or not having) it going to affect your life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, here's the deal. You can only get the wallet if you find shoes that match it perfectly. There you go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!