Jan 15, 2010

definitely not what we wanted to hear

We went to the hopsital today...
Spent nearly three hours testing...

Thought we were in the clear...
Then he said "wait"...
My heart skipped a beat but not in the good way...
He said "stage one" and pointed the screen...

We waited some more...
Then he said "there it is again"...
My heart sank...
And he said "that's stage two"...

Sidney kept crying and crying and crying...
And I couldn't make her understand...

Finally, he said "done"...
And I got to hold her in my arms...
She fell alseep almost instantly...
He told me all the specifics of "stage two"...
But vaguely answered my questions...

Instead he said "talk to your pediatrician"...
And so with an exhausted girl on my shoulder, we left and headed home...

Stage 2 VUR (Vesicoureteral reflux) is what Sidney's been diagnosed with - from what I've read online it isn't too serious - can be treated with antibiotics and monitored with further check-ups. It's probably something she'll outgrow and won't have any lasting effects on her body, thankfully.

But it's never easy to hear your child isn't in perfect health. And it's too easy to blame yourself.

Another bump in the road. Again, I say 2010 is just not our year.

2 comments:

  1. God love her. I hate she had to go through that and that there's something wrong.

    I'm glad it can be treated pretty easily though and that isn't something she will suffer from all her life.

    Mary Ruth, things will get better. It doesn't seem that way right now, but it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2010 is still in its infancy. There is *plenty* of time to turn it around.

    *hugs* to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!