Cassie and I are going to see Avatar tonight!!! She's never seen it, so I'm hoping she loves it as much as me (because it'd be sort of horrible to have to sit through a 3-hour movie you didn't like; kind of like Justin had to last time). You already know, I love it. I've been watching clips on YouTube for days now, just building up my excitement to see it again on the big screen. And just the other night, we caught a behind-the-scenes kind of show that was amazing; the amount of time and money that went into making Avatar still boggles my mind! And after that show went off, we just happened to flip over to Jay Leno where James Cameron was appearing talking about Avatar some more! (There was a lot of eye-rolling on Justin's part that night...) So, yeah, needless to say I'm EXCITED.
And tomorrow I am shooting my first wedding!!! I took some post-wedding pictures for a couple back in the summer, and they turned out great despite my worries (I was worried about me, not them - mind you). But tomorrow it's live and there's only one chance to get the photos I need/want to capture. It's a lot of pressure and my stomach is full of butterflies; but this is what I love to do more than anything, and I know when the time comes my hand will steady, my eyes will focus and somehow I'll manage to capture this beautiful couple's day on film for them to treasure forever. I can do this - YES I CAN!
There's a lot going on this weekend - but I'm ready. It's all positive things, wonderful, happy, great, awesome things that I need and want to participate in to lighten the mood and bring back my soaring spirits*. I am ready for a good weekend, full of good things - friends, photography and food. I want this. I need this. And it just so happens that tomorrow is a very special day for the blog...you'll just have to come back tomorrow to see what all the fuss is about!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!!
*Dampening the spirits a little: we heard from Sidney's pediatrician. They're sending us to a specialist on the 15th to discuss treatment. While this makes me half-happy that we're taking action towards getting her better, it also makes me half-beserk that we have to see a specialist to begin with. If this wasn't such a big deal, her doctor would be able to handle it herself, right here at home, right? I'm a little worried; but trying not to go too-overboard with my crazy thoughts before we get the chance to talk to someone.
sounds like a great time.
ReplyDeletea specialist doesn't always mean bad. sometimes it just means better.