Mar 25, 2010

dammit, Miley Cyrus

Damn you, Miley Cyrus.

Just when I think I'm too old for your catchy pop diddies, just when I think I'm smart enough to know that you really aren't a good singer or actress or human being role model - you go and make a song I hate to love and love to hate.

As I'm sure you know by now, Nicholas Sparks is milking every freaking penny he can get from the heart-strings of young lovesick girls and their Moms all across America. He's coming out with YET ANOTHER sappy, coming of age, dramatic teenaged love story set on some Carolina beach. REALLY? You haven't made enough money, Nicholas Sparks? How long do you think you can keep doing this sappy ass crap? Because eventually young girls everywhere are going to get tired of falling in love with on-screen hotties and bawling their eyes out over a relationship THAT NEVER EXISTED.

OK, I admit I saw Titanic 9 times when it first came out into theaters and I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it had nothing to do with my love for history or boats or James Cameron's huge ego. DON'T JUDGE ME.

But back to Miley Cyrus and this damn "When I Look at You" song. Miley, you can't sing that good. I'm not even sure if you can act that good. You're not funny, but you're pretty. You're not classy, but you're sweet enough. I just don't know what to think of you.

Although I think I've made it perfectly clear how I feel about the Cyrus parents. Blech.

So, yeah, I hate to admit that I kind of like this song. And no, I won't admit to watching the video about 5 times in a row in the past 20 minutes. And yes, I do admit that 20some-year-old Aussie boyfriend of Miley's is cute. And no, I'm not jealous he bought her a dog for her birthday. And fine, I'll admit for someone who pretends to loathe Miley I seem to know a helluva lot about her.

I SEE YOU AND YOUR JUDGING EYES.

1 comment:

  1. I totally love that song.

    If you tell anyone I said that I will deny it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!