I wanted to write this post yesterday, but I tried to keep my wits about me and not let emotion overcome me. As I'm sure you all know, the Healthcare Reform was passed Sunday night. And it's brought out the best and worst in everyone. There are a million different opinions floating around right now, and in all honesty, I try to be open to every single one of them. I am under the impression that you have to keep your ears, mind and heart open. I would hope that everyone else would try and be the same way, too.
Sadly, that's not the case. I've seen too many people completely bashing this reform and our government and our president over the past couple days. And I think it's just sad. It breaks my heart to think that people still like to live in these defined ways.
Life is not Democrat or Republic. It isn't conservative or liberal. It isn't right or wrong. Life is not black or white. There are a million shades of gray in this country. Life can't be outlined by one person's point of view. Not mine. Not yours. Not anyone's. In this beautiful, free country of ours we're all allowed to think differently and vote differently and be different.
I hate that "different" automatically equals anger, hate, aggression, and discrimination. I am of the opinion that this reform is good. I don't agree with all of it, but the majority of speaks to what I think is important, what I think needs to be changed. I support this movement. I support our president. I support this change.
What I don't support is hate mongering. And violent aggression towards others. I support you and your opinions. I love getting entangled in political debates, believe you me. But I don't understand why people let opinions get in the way of politics.
And then I realized, politics and opinions are synonyms of each other. They're the same, identical. There can be no politics without our opinions, our beliefs. And that's where things get messy. We're all supporting our ideas, often times so loud, we never hear anyone else. We never pause to view things from a different perspective. We let our parents, our regional area, our friends define us. And that's change I want to see.
I want to see us all having calm, educated, supportive conversations. I want us to believe in one another and our government. I want us to lift one another up, let the unheard voice reach the masses. If you don't like another person's opinion, that's fine. But why does there have to be sarcasam, discrimination, anger towards one another? Why why why why why?
I don't want us to turn on one another, on our elected officials, our government, our president. This is change that a lot of people think will turn our country in a bad direction. I've heard it all, and I've read it all. And the truth is, I still don't have a solid opinion of how I think this reform will effect us.
All I know is, I'm hopeful. I'm looking towards tomorrow with hope, the hope that things will get better. More Americans will be able to afford healthcare. More Americans will be included in afforadble plans. More will get done for more Americans every day. Sure, that means I may have to pay more out of my taxes. But if that means that another baby has healthcare, then so be it. If that allows an elderly person to be able to afford their medication, then okay. I'm fine with giving up a little more so that others can get more equally.
What about you? Can you include more others? Can you put aside your feelings to discuss politics in a positive way? Can you support a president you don't agree with? Can you support this Healthcare Reform?
I know I can.
Another thought I've, I guess, feared is that somehow this health insurance reform system (I really don't believe it's healthCARE reform, from what I can tell) will end up with massive amounts of people abusing the system...much like welfare. Special interest groups in Washington sway so much of the vote as well, I have a hard time taking politicians for more than just a grain of salt. And I also have trouble with how the bill was voted in so quickly.
ReplyDeleteBut like you, I am definitely hoping and praying for the best. Because like I said earlier, SOMETHING needs to change. My dad and mom both had a cancer insurance policy before mom got sick. She went for a dr visit and I don't know if somehow the receptionist overlooked mom's information, but she told dad he need to pay $600 that day. Then proceeded to say that if he paid the full amount that day that it would be 50% off...300 dollars. What? A 300 dollar discount just like that? That's strange if you ask me.
Making money on the internet is easy in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]clickbank blackhat[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or misunderstood avenues to generate an income online.
ReplyDelete