Mar 19, 2010

summer promises

Ned

I promise to soak in this sunshine every day.
I promise to be still in the moment.
I promise to buy blankets made for lying in the grass.
I promise to blow dandelions in the wind.
I promise to tickle and giggle and play outside every sunny day.
I promise to walk the dogs.
I promise to hold hands with my husband on the front porch swing.
I promise to buy a boombox and let it play out the kitchen window.
I promise to enjoy this spring, this summer, this life.
I promise to pinky promise more with my daughter.
I promise to travel, if only to the end of the road.
I promise to love this summer.
I promise to make it love me back.


(All this sunshine is making me delriously happy - I feel like a flower soaking up every second of light. Enjoy this sunny day and hopefully sunny weekend!)

(PS. Justin & I have been married for 6 months today - wow!)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!