Most of the time I enjoy booming sounds - the "wake me up" kind of music that gets your blood pumping and your heart racing. I enjoy the mental thrill loud guitars and drums and horns can provide.
But some days I want quiet. And serenity. A little bit of simple and a peaceful sound serenading my life.
Today is a quiet day. Life has been so crazy busy lately, with work and Sidney and summer fast approaching. I want to stay in this calm of the storm for a moment. And I need sweet little melodies to help me, with their soft words and easy sound.
Here are some of my favorite soft songs - that lift me up, inspire me and above all soothe me.
And my all time favorite for the slow days, the sad days, the sweet days and every other day in between. Bonnie Raitt slays me, kills me dead and then revives me with her soulful voice, that power and presence and simplicity. GOD I LOVE THIS SONG and I love this woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!