Mar 15, 2010

the lucky one

I am a lucky gal.

Actually, I have the worst luck in the world. I rarely win contests. I stink at playing BINGO! My words get mixed up and mumbled coming out of my mouth. I break things. I buy broken things. I lose everything.

But I'm lucky. Deep down, inside my soul, I know that I am lucky. I imagine myself surrounded by luck - shamrocks and winning lotto numbers and magical luck-sprinkling fairies. I envision my life in a lucky atmosphere, where I win prizes and money and I have bountiful friends and a rich life.

I cloak myself in these ideas, thinking positive. Be positive. Here comes the sun, it's alright. Oh happy day. Don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing is going to be alright. I can see clearly now.

I am high on life right now. Whatever happens in the next few days, weeks, months - I want to cling on to this feeling of sunshine and calm. Warmth and satisfaction. I am happy beyond happy at the moment.

I'm always moderately happy in my daily life. My everyday moments are good ones, I feel little to no pain or sorrow or despair. Even when the money's tight. Even when the friends are gone. Even when health isn't cooperating with my body. Through all of life's little murky waters, I find myself feeling an overall feeling of genuine happiness.

I don't let the little things bother me, most of time. I feel proud of myself. I feel alive. I feel thankful that I am here, even when I can't think of a single other thing to feel grateful for. I am alive. And that alone is better than the alternative.

Right at this moment, I feel good. Thankful. And lucky.

Above all things, I feel lucky to be here. To be living. To be breathing. I feel lucky to be a mother and a wife and a daughter. I feel lucky that I'm working and I'm happy and I have lived to see another beautiful day.

I am one lucky gal. And at this moment, I'm lucky enough to know that.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I was actually just thinking about this today, how in spite of everything I really am lucky in so many ways I never even think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, I have to remind myself of these things every day because unfortunately it does not come naturally to me. We are lucky to be here and to share everyday with our beautiful little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!