I had my maternity session on Saturday and my amazing photographer Jessica put up some previews early Sunday morning - it was a great way to start Mother's Day!
And now I can finally reveal little Nugget's name - we worked the big reveal into my session and I can't wait to share all the photos with you in due time! Our sweet little girl is named Rhealen Jo...
Rhealen (pronounced ray-len, with the emphasis on the "rhea") is a combination of my parent's middle names: Rhea + Allen. Jo is for Justin's maternal grand-mother (and for my Aunt Jodi, or so she claims!). We couldn't be happier with her little moniker. I had Rhealen picked out as a name for Sidney, but Justin vetoed it. He said it just didn't "feel" like that was supposed to be her name. At the time I thought he was crazy, but now I know he's right. She was always meant to be Sidney Morgan. This time around, Rhealen was our front-runner for our girl's name. Jo just kind of came to us one night driving home as we were bouncing around name ideas. I don't remember if he said it or I said it, but once it was said out loud we both knew it was perfect!
We are so excited to meet little Rhealen - it's been a long, cruel winter and an ugly spring. But she's due the day before summer officially begins, and I know she's going to be the sunshine that warms all of our hearts. It's just a waiting game from here on out...
PS: 34 weeks exactly today!
And now I can finally reveal little Nugget's name - we worked the big reveal into my session and I can't wait to share all the photos with you in due time! Our sweet little girl is named Rhealen Jo...
Rhealen (pronounced ray-len, with the emphasis on the "rhea") is a combination of my parent's middle names: Rhea + Allen. Jo is for Justin's maternal grand-mother (and for my Aunt Jodi, or so she claims!). We couldn't be happier with her little moniker. I had Rhealen picked out as a name for Sidney, but Justin vetoed it. He said it just didn't "feel" like that was supposed to be her name. At the time I thought he was crazy, but now I know he's right. She was always meant to be Sidney Morgan. This time around, Rhealen was our front-runner for our girl's name. Jo just kind of came to us one night driving home as we were bouncing around name ideas. I don't remember if he said it or I said it, but once it was said out loud we both knew it was perfect!
We are so excited to meet little Rhealen - it's been a long, cruel winter and an ugly spring. But she's due the day before summer officially begins, and I know she's going to be the sunshine that warms all of our hearts. It's just a waiting game from here on out...
PS: 34 weeks exactly today!




the pictures look fantastic. I LOVE the name
ReplyDeleteAwwww! I teared up at the pictures! I am so happy for you and your family! I LOVE the name! It reminds me of my older sister's name (Rayel Lynn). She was named after my grandfather Ray and my mom's middle name Laurel. So beautiful!
ReplyDelete