I spent most of the morning in the ER today. How was your Tuesday?
I felt half-adult, half-child this morning -- shortly after I got to work, I started having these ridiculous side pains that were stabbing and constant. Seeing as how I'd never had a pain like that in my life, it freaked me out. I felt a bit like an infant running off to the ER after only enduring said pain for an hour, but I couldn't help myself. Unknown pain = wildfire panic (in my little brain, that is). I felt quite like a grown-up, however, driving my big girl self to the hosptial without calling anyone in tears first.
{Last time I drove myself to Norton Community, I was in hysterical in tears calling my Mom because my OB doctor told me I needed to get checked out -- I was 39 weeks pregnant and alone and ended up having Sidney the next day. So...yeah}
Justin can't be reached at work, so I texted my Mom (I would've called her first anyway, I'm 99.9% sure) and told her my situation - but told her not to panic or come a'running just yet. The Dr took one good look at me and figured it was a kidney stone (which it was), so I figured there wasn't much she, or anyone else, could do. But my sweet little momma, she is a momma - my momma and the best of mommas. She came straight away, doing exactly what I told her not to do (but exactly what I wanted her to do deep down). I've got a good momma, how 'bout you?
It wasn't much of a day - just CT scans and good drugs. I'm feeling much better and much more prepared for the next time this happens (which I hope and pray is years and years from today). I had the luxury of being "babied", which I always love and appreciate. And I can head on back to work tomorrow.
It wasn't exactly how I pictured my Tuesday going -- but what can you do? At least I got a lot of love from today, which is always a bonus any day of the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!