Mar 30, 2010

behold, I will impress you with discounted makeup prices

I'm not exactly what some people would call a "girly girl". I don't usually wear much makeup, although I'm falling in love with it all a little more each day. I wear it work more than I do anywhere else, but sometimes it's nice just to dress up and get a little girlified and look pretty.

That being said, I have a hard time justifying spending my hard earned money on over-priced bat poop makeup. BUT when I can find good makeup on sale, I pounce! Like a tiger, baby!

So when a co-worker of mine took me to this amazingly secretive (because not many people know about it, apparently) discount health and beauty goods store, I was in 7th heaven. I proceeded to get the following seventeen beauty items:
In case you can't see what all goodies I got, here's a breakdown list:

-Rimmel London The Max Volume Lash mascara
-Rimmel London Sweet Jelly sheer lipgloss
-L'oreal Paris True Match blush
-Wet'N'Wild Rock Solid nail polish
-Revlon Beyond Natural smoothing primer
-L'oreal Paris True Match concealer (liquid)
-Pantina Hydration lipgloss
-Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner
-Covergirl Outlast lipstain
-Maybelline Instant Age Rewind primer
-L'oreal Paris True Match concealer (powder)
-Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express mascara
-L'oreal Paris Infallible lipstick
-L'oreal Paris Infallible eyeliner
-Revlon Colorstay Ultimate lipstick
-Styli-style eyeliner
-Sytli-style lipgloss

I don't think I need to tell you that all of that makeup together, from a department store or even a wholesale store, would've been outrageous (the Revlon colorstay retails for around $8.00 at Walgreens alone)! Would you like to guess how much I paid for all of the above?

Go ahead, GUESS. I DARE YOU.

You'll never believe it.

Not in a million years.

I paid, and I swear on a stack of bibles, $16.43 for ALL THAT MAKEUP!!!

Go ahead, I'll give you a moment to let that sink in.

.........
..........
.........
.........
...........

Done? You can pick your jaw off the floor now. Yep, I scored HUGE today. I'm so excited to start playing around with all these goodies, you just don't even know.

I'm even more excited because I've got a makeup tutorial post in the works with Ashley from Lots of Gloss. She's the makeup (and bargain) queen, and she's got great style. I'm hoping she can teach me how to apply liquid eyeliner properly, because lord knows I need help in that department!

So, yes, internet you can be jealous of me, mommaruth, today. I scored a sweet deal, got a ton of girly goodies, and I'm feeling on top of the world. But now it's time to go wash the dishes and chase after SidMo.

Maybe we can do both wearing pretty, girly, shimmery, discounted lipstick!

8 comments:

  1. I admit it, I'm jealous! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought that Rimmel London The Max Volume Lash mascara and it rocks. You only have to put on one coat to have lashes out to there. Awesome. We all look better with makeup on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM BEYOND JEALOUS LADY! What a great find! I am in love with the True Match foundation I was told that Dita Von Tesse and Cher swear by it too! Here is how I learned to apply liquid eyeliner, Youtube is a good buddy of mine :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klsgXpHzHKI

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to ask, is this because you live in a special area or do you know of more of these warehouses? Can you be my distributer, if I paypal you some cash-o-la? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely jealous- I can't believe you got all of that for that price! I need to know where this place is, pronto! lol, I'll be talking to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so you are definitely gonna be showing me where this place is at!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just jealous of someone who knows how to put all of that to good use. I never learned to apply makeup. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!