Today, Sidney has orientation for Pre-K at the school. I told her this morning I might cry come Monday when she officially starts. She told me, "Mom, I hate it when you cry." She said it not so much in a sweet way, but in an annoyed, wish you wouldn't do that you're embarassing me way. I live to embarass my children; makes me feel like I'm really doing this whole parenting thing right.
I'm super hyped up and nervous about tonight, even though I know it's nothing special - deep down, it is something incredibly special. My sweet girl is starting school. I don't feel that old. She shouldn't be old enough for this yet. And yet, she is. And I am getting older. And the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.
We're here. This summer has officially been the quickest summer EVER. From the moment Rhealen got here, life has doubled in speed. I used to blink and a day had passed me by. Now, I blink and a week or two have gone straight out the window. I just keep marking days and weeks and months off the calendar. It's insane.
I know on Monday when I see her with that big backpack and bowl-legged knees I'm going to lose it. Maybe not in the car, maybe not in the schoolhouse. But at some point on Monday, I'm going to break down and have a little moment to myself (or maybe with the entire school, we'll see). I'm sure Justin will cry on his way to work, too. And I know my Mom (who teaches third grade at the same little school) will be sniffling and then some all day long. It's hard on all of us to see our little Sidney start school. She's our little baby no more. Now she's our big kid. Our big sister, student, cheerleader. Our brilliant, sweet, funny, adorable, snuggly, beautiful big girl.
{Tomorrow is also the kickoff day for a new blog feature that will showcase on Fridays featuring some great bloggers from around the country. Come back tomorrow to meet our first guest blogger & learn more about this fun series!!!}
{Also! Don't forget to check out the up and running sister blog, Toastess - all things fashion and style to be found!!!}

this has been a quick summer for me too!
ReplyDeleteYour new friday series sounds fun! I'll be back tomorrow.
awww so bittersweet! she is getting to be such a big girl.
ReplyDelete