Nov 6, 2011

{5 months}

This time last year we were just finding out that baby #2 was indeed a girl - and now, a year later, we've got a five month old Rhealen Jo sitting here. This little lady is growing (slowly) like a weed; she's on the small ends of the charts, but that's okay. She'll catch up and level out eventually. For now, she's just petite!
Rhealen loves to pull hair, scream at the top of her lungs (just for fun), chew on her toes, sit up and look around, stare at her big sister, hang out in her swing and ride in the car, just staring out the window. She's definitely a lover of those she knows well, but she can be a little nervous around other people.

I love watching Sidney & Rhealen together - there's nothing in the world quite like it. Rhealen absolute adores Sidney; if Sidney's in the room, everyone else disappears to her. Sidney loves being the "big sister" and will remind RJ of that fact 100 times a day. That works out okay right now, but I have a feeling it'll be the start of many fights later on down the road...

At her four month check-up she was 12 lbs and 10 oz, so I'm excited to see how much weight she's gained in a month. She keeps getting longer and longer (24.5 inches at four months) but she still feels light as a feather. Sidney was always an over-achiever and in the 99% percentile for everything; poor Rhealen is only in the 10% percentile! It's amazing how kids can be so different...

Other than some breathing problems, Rhealen is perfectly healthy. They're thinking she might have asthma, and she's been on breathing treatments, but things seem to be getting better for her...so I'll update on that when I can.

Rhealen is a great baby, a much loved and needed addition to our family. We couldn't have asked for a better little girl; we laugh about it now, about how we were so panicked Rhealen would be a monster baby since Sidney was such an easy little angel. She may turn out to be a wild child later on, but for now she's the sweetest little dumpling anyone could hope for.

Our family feels complete with her here. There were questions in my mind before about whether or not we were done, whether or not I wanted more kids; but those questions are answered now. I'm perfectly happy with my girls. My two sweet, beautiful girls. I can't imagine adding a third in the mix; it all feels perfectly perfect right now, just the two of them.


They can make it if they try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!