Nov 17, 2011

today


Today is a good day.

Despite the rainy, cold weather. Despite this cold that's kicking my butt. Despite the hot flashes and the long miles I drove today. Despite the lack of sleep I got. Despite the pounding in my head and the ringing in my ear. Despite the lack of money in the bank. Despite the feeling of falling behind and worrying too much. Despite the clock ticking by so slowly. Despite the pain I feel not being there physically for my family. Despite the dishes in the sink and the laundry piled up by the door. Despite the many more hours it'll be 'til I can sleep again. Despite the homework to be finished. Despite the craziness of it all.

Despite everything, today is a good day. I refuse to see today in any other light than good. I have been reminded what matters, reminded who matters the most to me. I am here, alive and well, if only for today.

Today is a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!