Nov 15, 2011

morning routine

I, by default, am not a habitual person. I forget too much to keep a pattern going or establish a routine. Part forgetfulness, part laziness. I'm comfortable enough in my own skin to own up to my laziness, which at times can be monumental. It's scary just how lazy I can be every now and then.

But the girls seem to have established their own little morning routine, whether I'm up for doing the same thing every morning or not. Rhealen gets up first, happy and squealing like she always is. Sidney wakes up just as I'm finishing changing Rhealen's diaper - I have to go into the bedroom and carry her to the couch.

{Seriously, I HAVE to do this. One morning she woke up earlier than normal, walked into the kitchen and demanded we go back into the bedroom so I could carry her to the couch - the couch that was about ten feet away from where she was standing. OCD, much?}

I turn on the cartoons, feed Rhealen and then they cuddle up together - it started out they would cuddle on the couch but now that Rhealen is getting more active, they sprawl out together in the floor. Toes wiggling, kissing and cuddling and whispering. Rhealen will pull Sidney's hair and Sidney will roll over on Rhealen's legs. There's whimpers and whines from time to time, but mostly, I get to enjoy the sound of my girls playing while getting dressed.


It's amazing to see the little routines they're developing, the secret society of sisters that I can only appreciate from a distance. I'm not invited into their secret little world. I wonder all the time what Rhealen thinks of Sidney and vice versa. If their mornings are any indication, I think it's safe to say these girls absolutely adore each other to bits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!