99.9% of the people in my Facebook stream have been doing the daily "Thankful" posts, but I thought I'd save some time (and energy and space) and list them all here monthly. Thirty things I'm thankful for, not only during this Thanksgiving month, but all the days and months and years of my life.
1. I'm thankful for my children, my beautiful daughters who came into this world healthy and prove to be happy individuals. I am doubly blessed without reason, and I could not be more in love with these two littles.
2. I'm thankful for my husband, Justin. He's my best friend in the world, and there's not a moment that goes by that I don't love him and wish the world for him. I don't know how we made it this far, but I can only hope for more.
3. I'm thankful for my parents. My mother is like the tide, constant and strong. She's unwavering, and she's taught me what it means to be a good mother in words and actions, year after year. I wish my Dad lived closer, sometimes, I feel like a piece of me is missing. He's always just a phone call away, and sometimes it's scary how much we have in common at any given point in our lives on any given topic.
4. I'm thankful for my health. I'm here, I'm queer, get used to it. Well, not exactly. But I am here and happy and prospering. Life is a short ride, and so far, I'm making the best of it.
5. I'm thankful for cheesecake. There can never be enough cheesecake in my life.
6. I'm thankful for this blog and the opportunities it has given me. I've broadened my horizons, even if only in this virtual world, and I'm a much better person for the experience.
7. I'm thankful for a job. Times are tough, and there are so many people out there struggling. Even as I'm graduating and heading out into a field I'm not familiar with, I'm thankful to have had a steady job for the past three years. It has allowed me to grow and contribute, and I couldn't ask for anything more.
8. I'm thankful for caller ID. Thank you, cell phone gods.
9. I'm thankful for our military. I'm so grateful my *new* brother-in-law is home safely (and hopefully for good); I can't imagine having loved ones still serving overseas.
10. I'm thankful for a healthy baby girl and a SUPER easy delivery this year.
11. I'm thankful for the health of my Papaw - he scared us good the last few weeks but is improving more and more each day.
12. I'm thankful for good books and bad movies. I can never get enough of either.
13. I'm thankful for a roof over my family's head. It may not be the biggest or fanciest roof, but it's warm and it shelters the ones I love the most. Who could ask for more?
14. I'm thankful for salt. I eat it on everything.
15. I'm thankful for early morning routines and family movie nights - creating traditions with my family is always a joy.
16. I'm thankful for the two best friends a girl could ever ask for: Cassie and Dobby. They complete me.
17. I'm thankful for calculators, spellcheck and caller ID. Greatest inventions ever.
18. I'm thankful for captions on TV; they remind me of watching TV with my Mamaw Edith and I love to watch TV with them on. Added bonus: it drives Justin crazy!
19. I'm thankful for my Mamaw Mary who is the best cook ever; she is always willing to make me dinner whenever I ask, whatever I want.
20. I'm thankful for a car to get me from point A to B. It's not the fanciest, but it's taken me on many joy rides over the last four years.
21. I'm thankful for forgiveness. I receive it more than I should and give it less than I ought to. But it's always there when I need it most.
22. I'm thankful for the years I got to spend with my Papaw Bud. I was lucky enough to have all four grand-parents living for most of my young life, and I never really appreciated them all until I got older. I'd give a day of my life to bring him back, but I know he's upstairs keeping a watchful eye on me every day.
23. I'm thankful for puppies and kittens and all the cute baby animals of the world. I've gone six months without a dog, by far the longest I've ever gone without owning one, and it's nearly killing me. I need a puppy in my life!
24. I'm thankful for card night and friends. It's the little things in life that mean the most sometimes!
25. I'm thankful for being able to appreciate the fact there are four living generations of women on my mother's side. Moments when we're all gathered together nearly melt my heart.
26. I'm thankful for that moment at the end of the day when you can finally take off your bra: best moment ever.
27. I'm thankful for lists - they force to you take stock of your life (just like this list is making me do)!
28. I'm thankful that I married a man who has the best sense of humor - every day with him is like being back in school.
29. I'm thankful to have grown up when I did - I have the best memories of listening to NYSNC on the radio, watching Titanic in the theater seven or eight times, playing the game MASH over and over again, and having the biggest crush on Taylor Hanson. Proud 90s child here!
30. I'm thankful for my life, for each morning I wake up to the smiling faces around me. I'm thankful for another year on Earth and for the gift of my life.
What are you thankful for this year?
1. I'm thankful for my children, my beautiful daughters who came into this world healthy and prove to be happy individuals. I am doubly blessed without reason, and I could not be more in love with these two littles.
2. I'm thankful for my husband, Justin. He's my best friend in the world, and there's not a moment that goes by that I don't love him and wish the world for him. I don't know how we made it this far, but I can only hope for more.
3. I'm thankful for my parents. My mother is like the tide, constant and strong. She's unwavering, and she's taught me what it means to be a good mother in words and actions, year after year. I wish my Dad lived closer, sometimes, I feel like a piece of me is missing. He's always just a phone call away, and sometimes it's scary how much we have in common at any given point in our lives on any given topic.
4. I'm thankful for my health. I'm here, I'm queer, get used to it. Well, not exactly. But I am here and happy and prospering. Life is a short ride, and so far, I'm making the best of it.
5. I'm thankful for cheesecake. There can never be enough cheesecake in my life.
6. I'm thankful for this blog and the opportunities it has given me. I've broadened my horizons, even if only in this virtual world, and I'm a much better person for the experience.
7. I'm thankful for a job. Times are tough, and there are so many people out there struggling. Even as I'm graduating and heading out into a field I'm not familiar with, I'm thankful to have had a steady job for the past three years. It has allowed me to grow and contribute, and I couldn't ask for anything more.
8. I'm thankful for caller ID. Thank you, cell phone gods.
9. I'm thankful for our military. I'm so grateful my *new* brother-in-law is home safely (and hopefully for good); I can't imagine having loved ones still serving overseas.
10. I'm thankful for a healthy baby girl and a SUPER easy delivery this year.
11. I'm thankful for the health of my Papaw - he scared us good the last few weeks but is improving more and more each day.
12. I'm thankful for good books and bad movies. I can never get enough of either.
13. I'm thankful for a roof over my family's head. It may not be the biggest or fanciest roof, but it's warm and it shelters the ones I love the most. Who could ask for more?
14. I'm thankful for salt. I eat it on everything.
15. I'm thankful for early morning routines and family movie nights - creating traditions with my family is always a joy.
16. I'm thankful for the two best friends a girl could ever ask for: Cassie and Dobby. They complete me.
17. I'm thankful for calculators, spellcheck and caller ID. Greatest inventions ever.
18. I'm thankful for captions on TV; they remind me of watching TV with my Mamaw Edith and I love to watch TV with them on. Added bonus: it drives Justin crazy!
19. I'm thankful for my Mamaw Mary who is the best cook ever; she is always willing to make me dinner whenever I ask, whatever I want.
20. I'm thankful for a car to get me from point A to B. It's not the fanciest, but it's taken me on many joy rides over the last four years.
21. I'm thankful for forgiveness. I receive it more than I should and give it less than I ought to. But it's always there when I need it most.
22. I'm thankful for the years I got to spend with my Papaw Bud. I was lucky enough to have all four grand-parents living for most of my young life, and I never really appreciated them all until I got older. I'd give a day of my life to bring him back, but I know he's upstairs keeping a watchful eye on me every day.
23. I'm thankful for puppies and kittens and all the cute baby animals of the world. I've gone six months without a dog, by far the longest I've ever gone without owning one, and it's nearly killing me. I need a puppy in my life!
24. I'm thankful for card night and friends. It's the little things in life that mean the most sometimes!
25. I'm thankful for being able to appreciate the fact there are four living generations of women on my mother's side. Moments when we're all gathered together nearly melt my heart.
26. I'm thankful for that moment at the end of the day when you can finally take off your bra: best moment ever.
27. I'm thankful for lists - they force to you take stock of your life (just like this list is making me do)!
28. I'm thankful that I married a man who has the best sense of humor - every day with him is like being back in school.
29. I'm thankful to have grown up when I did - I have the best memories of listening to NYSNC on the radio, watching Titanic in the theater seven or eight times, playing the game MASH over and over again, and having the biggest crush on Taylor Hanson. Proud 90s child here!
30. I'm thankful for my life, for each morning I wake up to the smiling faces around me. I'm thankful for another year on Earth and for the gift of my life.
What are you thankful for this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!