I've had this blog for a couple months now and I've been bothered lately by the fact that no one new has really stumbled upon it. Then I realized 'DUH!' I haven't been putting myself out there meeting other bloggers so of course no one is really bothering to meet me. It was the same way for me on twitter - until I made the first move and put myself out there, I wasn't meeting anyone else.
I'm so grateful for this blog - even when/if no one's reading it. This is a place of refuge and escape for me where I can sift through my emotions while writing about them or while playing with the layout and design. It gives me my own escape where this entire site is my creation and I am in control. I love the empowerment and the endless possibilities. I love the fact that this is something I "made" and put out there for the world to either embrace or shun. This is my blog and I love it - I admit I've been struggling with my feelings for being a blogger, but now I feel reassured.
I think part of that feeling comes from reading other blogs out there. So many times in my life I feel like I have this incredibly mundane and uninspiring life. I feel like I'm not going through anything special or unique or worthy of an audience. But when I read these other people's blogs, I get so excited reading their stuff. It may be something totally ordinary like taking the kids to the store or browsing through old music collections - things that I have often written about but find boring from my own point of view. I've realized that my life is totally boring and ordinary and nothing much really ever happens that is news worthy! But that is 100% OKAY!!! Someone out there is having a bad day - and they need a good laugh. And if my totally unoriginal story of stepping in dog poop on some random Wednesday can cheer them up a little, then my blog is worthwhile. If my life can somehow invoke an emotion in someone else's life, then my life truly is worthwhile. If I keep writing about this blissfully boring existence that is my life then eventually someone else is going to realize "HEY! This woman leads my kind of life: simple, homey and mostly uneventful. HOW COOL IS THAT?!"
So I'm going to keep blogging away about nothing - about all these little nothings in my life that mean something, if only ever to me. And I'll keep reading your little nothings because sometimes they strike a cord with my own life. Together, we can just keep blogging about a whole lot of nothing. But the point is, we're all doing it together.
I am with ya totally!!! we will get noticed ONE DAY!!! WOO HOO - rockin MOMMAS!!!
ReplyDeleteI just love this! When I read this, I thought of myself... I really dont know if many people read my blog and somedays I care and love to get comments, just like I love to get mail in the mail box, not just bills... blah blah blah... But I do my blog for myself, like a online diary and if someone happens to read it then that would make me happy to know that someone takes a interest in my life! Great post :-) I am with ya on this one!!
ReplyDeleteSOMEONE else IS going to realize "HEY! This woman leads my kind of life: simple, homey and mostly uneventful. HOW COOL IS THAT?!" LOL - I love your lil "SidMo" She's adorable ! My son "Nate the Great" is 18 months old. IT's my favorite age. Thanks for following me - and congrats on getting engaged!!
ReplyDeleteYou found MY blog today. Hi! And I love this post. It's exactly how I've been feeling recently. I need to get myself out there or else I'm not going to meet anyone new. :)
ReplyDeleteSo Hi! It's good to meet you. :)