Apr 20, 2009

what a weekend

My weekend was busy, to say the least. I've been painting up a storm in the kitchen down at the house. I decided to go with red/black as my color scheme. The red turned out to be a little brighter than I had originally planned, but I love it. It's a big pop of color (and anyone who has seen my room knows I love me some color)! I'm on the hunt now for coordinating black/red kitchen items! I also found a loveseat over at Rhoton-Smith's that I love; it's old with this god-awful pattern on it, but it's pretty cheap and it's in great condition. All I need is a slip-cover and voila! It'll be better than new.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Also busy this weekend was our Basset Hound who gave birth to 11 healthy puppies! It's her second litter (the first litter she had 12!) and it went perfectly. The puppies are all gorgeous and doing great. I'll get some really cute pictures up in a couple of weeks. Right now they still look like hairy-rats with pink noses; not the cutest of things. But once those feet and ears start growing, they get mighty cute!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And lastly, to top off the busy weekend of running back and forth to paint and help deliver puppies, my darling daughter was sick all day Saturday. She's thrown up 4 times in her entire 19 months of living, and 3 of those times happened all in one day! I have no idea what made her sick, but it always happened in the car. I moved her carseat, I changed the temp. inside the car, and I even tried to drive a little slower - nothing helped. She puked twice inside the car, and the last one went rolling down my back as I lifted her out of the carseat. NOT FUN. My car now reeks of baby vomit, and I'm pretty sure that smell is never going away. Even here at work, I think I catch little wiffs of it as I walk down the hallway. It's all mental, but it's a strong odor. I'll never be able to outrun it, thanks to Sidney.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
But she is so cute when she sleeps, so I'll forgive her...this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!