It's been awhile since I've updated anything about the wedding. It's not that I don't enjoy talking about the wedding anymore, it's just that not much has happened really. I was all excited and organized and very precise about planning our wedding those first couple months after we got engaged. Now, I kind of completely ignore the whole thing! Sometimes I think if I hadn't already bought my dress, we'd be getting married at the courthouse and just have a big BBQ to celebrate in someones backyard. But alas, the dress has been (mostly) paid for and so the formal-ish wedding must go on. And I am excited, don't get me wrong. This is going to be "our" wedding full of personal touches, and if no one likes it - I really don't care.
We have changed location: instead of getting married at Roller's Chapel in Blackwater, we're now getting married at High Rock in Mabe! I used to go that bible camp as a kid, and I love the area. It's very cute and very home-y. I've been given a thumbs-up unofficially; I'm just waiting for Friday to roll around so that I can get my official thumbs-up and hear what our restrictions and requirements are going to be. Hopefully we can have the ceremony in the little chapel that sits on the property; if so then we really don't need much for decorating. The chapel itself is so cute! And I'm going pretty minimal for the reception site, too - simple and pretty.
I started painting on the pails that will sit on the table filled with sand and candles as centerpieces, but I have to stack them up to store them and the paint is sticking; so I'm not going to paint all 50 of those cans until closer to the actual day of the wedding. We still have to find table-cloths, but I'm sure between now and then we can find something nice and inexpensive. For favors, we're doing a little "make your own goodie bag" station. It should be cute and personable if all turns out how I'm planning! I still don't know who's going to do our cake, but all of the food/drinks are being taken care of by my wonderful future MIL. I know she'll do an amazing job, no matter what kind of budget we give her so I'm really looking forward to that! I'm mixing all of our music; we're just going to borrow some big speakers! I don't really plan on there being too much dancing - just our first dance and maybe some crowd pleasers. Mostly I just plan on people to eat and mingle and go home with full bellies and a smile on their face :)
I've got my dress; we've got the girls dresses picked out already. We just have to order them sometime this month. I'm going to put off getting Sidney's dress until the last minute. Justin is in charge of tuxes (I'm really really REALLY hoping he'll go with brown tuxes - even though he's afraid they'll look like "giant turds"). Jodi & I still have to go pick out flowers so she can make our bouquets and boutonnieres. I know what I want, I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I've still got to make it down to Ben Franklin, so hopefully I'll find something good there!! It's coming along slowly, but surely. Lord knows I need to hop back on the wedding-planning express and get my butt moving! Only 5 more months to go!!! WOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!