we worked on the house yesterday + even though I was totally sick & felt like "hammered hell" (justin's expression)...and I have to say, I'm very proud of my boy: he was able to let go of a ton of "stuff" (i.e. crap) that he's been keeping for no reason for far too long + we took an entire truckload of trash off to the dumpster! Justin is a known hoarder & he will keep anything that has the least bit of sentimental value - which I appreciate in many ways, because I'm the opposite. when something gets on my nerves, I toss it - irregardless of the value it may hold to me. of course, there are certain things I'd never trash - but some things I should keep, I toss & then regret it later. Justin is the exact opposite - he'll keep everything he can & then years from now he'll have it to look back on and remember what it meant to him at a different time in his life. he's got all of our old HS letters (I have a couple). he's got all the old teddy bears & posters & notebooks from our early years (I've got our S'MORE book...)he's got ticket stubs, recepits, empty bags, tags and more! it's kind of romantic & kind of annoying - maybe it's just because he's not organized; if his chaos were actually neat, then maybe it'd be sweet + sentimental to me. but when I see it all splattered out in the room that eventually will become our daughter's, it just annoys me.
so needless to say, I probably made him throw away 10 years worth of memories yesterday; well, I don't like to say "made" - how about "heavily encouraged". it was fun to tempt him about throwing away things I knew for sure he'd never part with (like his ninja turtles trunk in the closet that's a million years old...or his old football stuff from HS!) the house is coming along slowly/surely. it's nice to be able to take our time & just do a little here and a little there - especially since I'm in death-mode right now with this cold; I'm feeling OK today, except for the fact that I sound like a 40 year old man. my voice sounds awful with all this congestion; and to top it all off, the kid is sickly, too. I've been wiping away snot-boogers since yesterday morning. everytime she sneezes, a big snot stream goes down her face, covering her paci & everything else in the way. TMI? sorry - this is parenthood. I SHARE EVERYTHING WITH YOU. :) and you love me for it, right? RIGHT.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!