Apr 27, 2009

mommasaurus

Another weekend gone, and I really don't have that much to show for it. Instead of being productive and cleaning on the house, I made a two hour pit stop to pull everything out of the cabinets and left it all sitting on the kitchen floor. I went through six boxes of donated stuff and instead of really doing anything with all of it, I just shuffled it from room to room placing it in different spots on the floor and furniture. I did however finish painting my kitchen - it is 100% done as of this weekend. I'm very proud of it, red paint and all. I've got a million little ideas of things I need to be doing. I just haven't really executed any of those things yet. I'm hoping tonight Justin & I can sit down and talk about his "honey do" list for this week. Last time I asked him to do something out at the house (i.e. finish the trim work in the kitchen) he managed to completely demolish the only drawers we had in the entire place. Needless to say, his renovation tactics scare me.

I'm getting very excited about moving and becoming a "homeowner". It's an exciting but scary concept to deal with - becoming an adult and all that jazz. How does one transition? Well for me, it's definitely not going to be overnight. I've been on my way to adulthood ever since I joined the mommy club. But I've still managed to act my age sometimes and be a complete ass. It's like a character flaw I can turn on and off. When the kid's asleep, or when my darling Mom will watch her, I get to be a semi-normal totally foolish 20 year old. And it's fun for awhile and I enjoy my "me" time...but I always love my "mom" time more. It's going to be a new adventure moving in together as a family: me, Justin and Sidney. Justin and Sidney have never really lived together and I cannot wait to see the dynamic that unfolds! They are such an odd pair as it is - living together 24/7 can only magnify that weirdess!

Life is moving along at the speed of light - I'm doing my best to hold on as best I can and play catch up when things get going too fast for me. I'm working on finishing up all my school stuff and getting prepared for the big move! I'll keep you updated as we begin this new and exciting stage of our lives - as they say on twitter 'w00t w00t'!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!